Monday 12 December 2011

Lady luck


 So after the main bulk of Panto was finished I was able to continue with the personal project i had barley managed to start. I really liked the references i found for this Woman and really liked the style of painting directly onto the wood with no primer and using the tones and surface texture of the wood to enhance the painting.

At the start of the project i was not feeling positive I was feeling  like nothing had been going right for weeks and all i needed was a success. In hindsight i think sometime things never seem to go right because I dont believe they can. Sometimes i think focus on the bad thing and forget all about the good.

Although not as perfect as i would have liked as (the circles are wonky and the stencil didn't work as well as i hoped) I was pleasantly surprised by my painting of the actual figure including the skull and humming bird. I started off by painting the coller and the body seemed to flow from there.  I was nervous about adding the black goo, key and heart tattoo
and have found that in cases like that i will procrastinate to avoid working on the area. When I eventually picked up my brush i found these parts the easiest by far.  The circle's were problematic because when painted slightly wonky  you fixed one and it offset the other. I have learned from this to pay more attention at the start and to be very precise about thing that can obviously seen to be wrong

I am happy with the final result and i feel the process was beneficial to me. The painting helped me see how attitude  can affect work and also made me aware of how it must affect the people around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment