Wednesday 26 January 2011

A week of things

So its been a strangely quiet but also busy week. Here is a kinda quick run down of whats been going on.

Had my first few Calarts classes a little bit of web design and some printed portfolio work. Been good and inspiring.  Found myself drawing a lot more. Been doing more life drawing and feeling really happy at the improvement in my drawings. Not perfect but much better and I'm glad of that.

Last Friday my class took me on a Trip round and lovely city of Los Angeles.  We were given a list of different restaurants and our task was to go round and try a variety of different dishes. It was a great day with some very strange but tasty brown bread ice cream, the odd combination of chicken, waffles,  maple syrup, and a lump of butter so big I thought it was ice cream! YUK! Finished the day off with a safe Pizza from pit fire pizza.  Had the lovely Danny and Nate (1st year lighting designers) making sure i wasn't on my own  or completely lost. Nate hadn't really been round Los Angeles either and they appeared to have a very strange  father/son big brother/little brother  relationship. Nate always begging to   
go to universal and Danny telling him not today maybe another day. Good times.

                                                                                             


So I spent the weekend at my friend Raylin and to be honest there is not really that much to tell. A a lovely night of white Russians and girly chat. During the day I went a bought a fabulous life drawing book  and as I have said already its really helping me. Went to wonderful L.a cafe a 24th cafe with great croissant the size of my head really tasty coffee.  


                                                                                                                                          One of main reason for staying in L.a so long was to return my ipod touch which i was given from Christmas. It stopped charging which was driving me crazy. A new one was given to me without complaint but as i was boarding the 2nd last train home my new one touch screen sensor stopped working and I made a mad dash to apple store to do another switch. I had to pay $35 dollars to get back in time for my last train. Although more expensive than the train ticket i know i would have spent so much more money on another visit to L.A.!!

Since I got back on Monday i have spent my time drawing, relaxing and running. Looking forward to the real classes starting this Friday with life drawing but  by next Friday I have no doubt i will be begging for the weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your first set of classes Little_fish :)care to follow me?

    ReplyDelete