Sunday 27 February 2011

Busy days

So its been a while since i last posted,  busy busy and all that. So i thought i would have another wee photo dump and explain as i go...



These pictures are from a my 3D sculptor class. The class is designed to get students of all the technical departments working together as well as teaching them how to use a variety of different mediums to create art. This is our installation called Oops. 





 Monday morning is Light Lab. It all about design , the effects of light on colours/fabrics different surfaces. It lighting a lighting design class. We learn about rigging and the different types of lights but it is also focused on different techniques like gobo and bounces.







Drawing class is basically exercise taking straight from drawing on the right side of the brain but at the time it means i have to practice the techniques. I have to say the homework ( which i was dreading) is so helpful.  It forces me to  practices these techniques over and over and i can see a clear improvement in my work Including my life drawing. I sure you will be able to tell which drawing are the later ones. Still not perfect but a better.







 .
The drawing on the centre above I'm really proud off. The drawing above that was done the week before and i feel like in my later drawing I'm getting a much better feel for shadow and perspective. Although the week before i had been focusing more on fabric with some success i feel the fabric is not a good as the previous week the body, scale and perspective are miles ahead of any life drawing i had ever done before. Now i have to work on faces and then pulling it all together.
Scenic Arts classes here have not been as good as they could have been they are more of a beginners classes and at the moment I feel I am learning different methods but not progressing as quickly as i could. I have spoken to my mentor tho and he has agreed to put me into do production work with the master students. So feeling much better in regards to that.  Being here as improved my confidence  because its made me aware of what i know and also given me a huge list of thing i want to do before I leave the RSAMD.  Really keen to start building up my Portfolio. Getting loads of ideals and  feeling really focused on where i want to go and how i am going to get there.
We have been working a lot on techniques something i first touched on in  Summer School experience before i stated at the RSAMD.

We have also been trying marbling and wood techniques something which I have also done before. However we are doing it using different methods. Many different ways to skin i cat i guess.

In the workshop we have been learning about flats. After Panto i requested to go back to the workshop (rsamd) before going on exchange and I'm so glad i did. In that time i did a little bit of work on broadway flats so i was able to understand alto of the the maths much better than most even tho it was in inchs.                                              


Homework for next Thursday build 2 mini flats one Hollywood and one Broadway. Such a good Task. Even tho our final project brief is even better ... cant wait to show you guys!

And here is the funs stuff.....

Fundraiser at the coffee house




Making birthday cake for Dakota
Valentines day dinner
Margarita
Be a Tiger!

AND

Beach Times

















No comments:

Post a Comment