Tuesday 8 February 2011

Classes, San Fran and my love for the Ug





So the weekend brought a wonderful trip to San Fran. The 5 hours drive started at 10 pm so we didn't get to Dakotas  till late. The next day was spent relaxing in red wood city and in evening we wandered around the bay pier. It is such a fabulous  city with so much to see. 

The next day while dakota and chris where shooting a promo clip to raise money for dakotas up coming music video myslef alex poise and Sandy (alexes mum) headed into San Fran. We were treated to bagels and mothered  to piceses it was loveley.  After brekfast we headed to the art exbition of artist  Isabelle de borchgrave. Her exbiton pulp fashion shows astounding dresses all made out of paper many inspired by renisance paintings.  Below are 2 pieces that where in the gallery as well as a wee photo dump of our day.















So of course after a 9 am start monday was a tired day, i decided it was best to chill out and paint. After much deliberation i decided i could get to birds with one stone and attempt another piece for my rsamd project due on thursday. Out come the water colours. Not painted with water colours in years and i loved it. Still a good we bit to go but im happy.






Last but not least my love for .. Ug.

I make no secret of my love for the ugly things in life.  Christmas was filled with ugly gifts designed to keep every outfit horrifically accessorised. I wear my pink sparkly bag with pride. Its my FAV even if one of my lectures and of my tutors have made comments like it should be make illegal and stamped on or it looks like soothing a las Vegas show girl would keep her tampons in. So today for $8 a bought my new FAV ugly thing.. The trousers......  enjoy!



1 comment: