Wednesday 9 March 2011

Project plans and Oh wait where did all my free time go

3d sculptor class

So after feeling like I had a lot of free time i decided it was about time to talk to the right people. As Scenic Painting is  an MFA course Im not involved in any of the productions directly and it was really starting to miss it. Back home i moan about not having classes and here I moan about not having productions, I say the perfect mix would be 3 days production 2 days classes but then i guess if i have that i would moan about that also.

 I spoke to My 3d sculptor tutor Michael and also my scene shop tutor Paul about giving me work on productions. I can swear it was only 6 hours till i had lesley messaging me telling me it was Production meeting time... So umm now I appear to be  TD... TSM or Master Carpenter, I don't actually know especially when the scenic artist came up to be and told me that Lesley  said i was a fabulous painter and if i wanted to do that also it would be amazing. So umm yeah wow busy now.

The pice is either going to look fantastic or like complete rubbish which it literally is. The Production tells of a crumbing kingdom. The walls are flat frames with wire mesh. We have 7000 frosted plastic bottles to attach to these walls and then to give a white wash to. The bottles also looking fantastic under light and i think the lighting designer will have a lot of fun playing. The ideal of the design is that it will design and develop all the way through the poduction  process. Going to be really interesting to take on this new role and experiment

Other things ... I am working on  include ...

Pagan design pice for Music student recital

Short Film directed by  http://www.vimeo.com/jpedi/videos
and finally
http://www.lauraclairedelgrippo.com/   chasing eden which i'm very excited about!


On the grumpy side... not impressed with the wood i did... done better than that before !


On the Plus Side Good Times Below



1 comment: